07 April 2016

Lo prepared for huge task ahead

Lo speaking to reporters after the press conference. — Photo by Kong Jun Liung
KUCHING: Lo Khere Chiang, who has been named as BN-SUPP candidate for Batu Kitang, admitted that it is a huge task ahead for him as there are high expectations of him from the two constituencies of Batu Kitang and Batu Kawah.
“There is a lot of expectation, but I believe with my years of service and the sincere work that I put into my constituency through the council, I will get over it.”
Lo was happy with the announcement by the Chief Minister and state BN chairman Datuk Patinggi Tan Sri Adenan Satem and said he would work hard to win the seat.
“I’m very confident that this time around SUPP will do well under the BN ticket under the leadership of Adenan Satem, because I believe that all Sarawakians from all walks of life will support Adenan this time in our quest to fight for what belongs to Sarawak – the ‘Sarawak Factor’ – we want the best for Sarawak and we want the federal government to recognise what is best for Sarawak. That is what we are trying to achieve.”
He pointed out that since Adenan took office, the political scene in the state had changed.
When asked whether he would resign as MPP chairman, Lo replied: “No I don’t have to resign, because I’m not a civil servant, so I don’t have to resign as the chairman of the council, I’ll continue to perform my duty as the chairman of the council.”
Meanwhile, Sih Hua Tong, the BN-SUPP candidate for Batu Lintang, said the party would give its best to win all its seats in the election.
“We dare not say how’s the chance, but I think being in politics giving the best shot we can, that’s the most important spirit.
“I would say that serving the people is a privilege that is something that I would like to do. Despite being defeated previously, I will still be giving my best.”
He noted that the coming election would be the chance for SUPP to bounce back after being badly defeated in the previous elections.
“I think the people will definitely reassess the entire situation.”
As of yesterday, SUPP candidates will be fielded in 10 of the 19 seats traditionally allocated to it.
Its candidacy in the remaining nine seats remains unclear as it was not announced by Adenan during a press conference at his office in Wisma Bapa Malaysia here yesterday.
Borneo Post

No comments:

Post a Comment